The Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 7 PM the second Thursday of most months at the Beverwyck Senior Center located at Krumkill Road, Slingerlands, New York. (directions)
Subscribe to our email list to receive reminders and announcements
Serving the people with Parkinson’s, their families and caregivers in Albany, NY and throughout New York’s Capital Region.
Our mission is:
- To provide moral support and fellowship to people with Parkinson’s Disease, their families and caregivers.
- To raise awareness and disseminate information regarding Parkinson’s Disease
- To act as a resource center for members and others who would like to know more about Parkinson’s.
We welcome new members and visitors
Please join us
More About us
Read this if you are newly diagnosed.
Do you want to talk to someone? Call Jud: 518-281-3466 or email Eson dot Jud at gmail.com
Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group Meetings
- June 14, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk. – Chrissy Stack will talk about, and maybe do some of, MedRhythms music therapy.
WE WILL MEET AT OUR “Regular” BUILDING AND ROOM FOR THE JUNE MEETING (Directions)
- July 21, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Saturday – Summer picnic 12:00 to 3:00 at the Crossings Park in Colonie. – Click for details.
- August 9, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk. Topic: Rachel Kurtz – Holistic Health Coach
- September 13, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- October 11, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- November 8, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- December 13, 2018 – Capital District Meeting – holiday party – Date, place and time TBA
- EVERY DAY – Local exercise classes
- DONATE to Hope Soars
- May 28, 2018 – YOPD group WILL NOT MEET IN MAY
- June 2, 2018 – Albany Med educational program for those living with PD and their caregivers. 9 AM at Albany Marriott, 189 Wolf Road
- June 18, 2018 – Saratoga County 2 PM Julie Pilitsis MD, PhD Albany Medical Center. Deep Brain Stimulation DBS.
- July 8, 2018 – Hope Soars teams up with the Tri City ValleyCats for a day of baseball
- September 12, 2018 – PD SELF – Parkinson’s Self-Efficacy Learning Forum – A national program, now being offered in Albany for the first time, that provides people with Parkinson’s with an in-depth understanding of the disease and the self-efficacy tools to manage it with confidence. Learn more.
- June 4, 2019 – Kyoto Japan – World Parkinson’s Congress