Subscribe to our email list to receive reminders and announcements
Serving the people with Parkinson’s, their families and caregivers in Albany, NY and throughout New York’s Capital Region.
Our mission is:
- To provide moral support and fellowship to people with Parkinson’s Disease, their families and caregivers.
- To raise awareness and disseminate information regarding Parkinson’s Disease
- To act as a resource center for members and others who would like to know more about Parkinson’s.
We welcome new members and visitors – Please join us
More About us
Read this if you are newly diagnosed.
Do you want to talk to someone? Call Jud: 518-281-3466 or email Eson dot Jud at gmail.com
Mark Your Calendar
- April 12, 2018 – Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk – Caregivers will have a concurrent discussion, separate from people with Parkinson’s. People with Parkinson’s will learn about creativity and Parkinson’s and have the opportunity to create a work of art with provided materials.
WE WILL MEET IN A DIFFERENT BUILDING AND ROOM FOR THE APRIL MEETINGin order to accommodate a split groupOur meeting room will be the Van Cortland room at Beverwyk. 40 Autumn Drive, Slingelands. (Directions)
- May 10, 2018 – Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk – topic – Laughter is the best medicine. Michael Burns, founder of Mop&Bucket Theater, will answer the question “Can improv be a form of therapy?”
- June 14, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk. – Chrissy Stack will talk about, and maybe do some of, MedRhythms music therapy.
- July 21, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Saturday – There will be no Thursday evening meeting in July. Instead we will have a summer picnic Date, place and time TBA – Details to follow.
- August 9, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- September 13, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- October 11, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- November 8, 2018 – Capital District Meeting Thursday at 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- December 13, 2018 – Capital District Meeting – holiday party – Date, place and time TBA
Other events of interest
- March 22, 2018 – Community Caregivers hosts open house
- March 28, 2018 – 2 PM – Schenectady County Support Group – Dr. Jennifer Durphy, of the AMC Movement Disorders Group, will speak about “Anxiety and Depression in PD”.
- April 14, 2018 – Tools for Caregivers Conference 8 – 12 Beltrone Living Center
- April 14, 2018 – Parkinson’s Awareness Day – Manchester, VT
- April 16, 2018 – Saratoga County 2PM – Speaker will be Evan Marsh, DPT, from Capital Area PT will speak about Physical Therapy.
- April 25, 2018 – 2 PM – Schenectady County Support Group – The OT Team from Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital
- April 28, 2018 – Parkinson’s Unity Walk in Manhattan Central Park – DONATE to our local walkers
- April 29, 2018 – Hope Soars walk in the park – Washington Park, Albany – DONATE to Hope Soars
- April 29, 2018 – Hope Soars 5K Run at Corning Preserve – DONATE to Hope Soars
- May 23, 2018 – 2 PM – Schenectady County Support Group – Aumiller’s Pharmacy will talk about PD drugs and interactions with other drugs.