Published in The Record on Jan. 13, 2018
Dance Through Parkinson’s
Thursdays, beginning January 11th 1:30 am – 2:30 pm
Classes will be held in the Swyer Studios located directly behind the National Museum of Dance in Saratoga. (directions)
We are thrilled to announce this innovative weekly class for people living with Parkinson’s disease and their care partners. Inspired by the internationally-acclaimed program Dance for PD®, founded in 2001 by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson’s Group, this class will explore movement through different types of rhythmic music in ways that are joyful, safe, and stimulating. Dance Through Parkinson’s has been proven to enhance strength, balance, flexibility, awareness, and confidence in its participants.Dance Through Parkinson’s will be taught by Rachelle Smith-Stallman, a Board-Certified Dance Movement Therapist and New York State Licensed Creative Arts Therapist.
Classes are free of charge and no experience is necessary for participation. For more information please contact the Museum at 518-584-2225 ext. 3001.
Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group – Elections 2018
Positions up for election
Please let Jud Eson (eson.jud at gmail.com) know if you would like to help with any of these group organizational functions. Positions may be held individually or two or more people could share a position.
- Presides at meetings,
- Appoints committees when necessary
- Fills any vacancies.
- Works with vice president and committee members to arrange for speakers and/or meeting agendas.
Vice President –
- Act in absence of President
- Perform tasks requested by President as required.
- Works with president and committee members to arrange for speakers and/or meeting agendas.
Correspondence / publicity –
- Maintains website.
- Maintains e-mail mailing list,
- Notifies members of meetings and events.
- Writes thank you notes to presenters and for donations.
- Arranges for refreshments to be available at regular meetings.
- Coordinates special events such as holiday party and summer picnic.
- Reserves meeting room and coordinates necessary room set up.
- He/she sees that everyone signs the attendance sheet at each meeting.
- Responsible for all income, pays all bills and keeps all fiscal records.
- Maintains paid membership list.
- Reports to the President prior to each meeting the current state of the treasury.
Medisafe is an app that helps patients manage medications
Pain Diary works for anyone with a chronic illness.
ZocDoc is a handy app if you’ve recently been diagnosed with a chronic illness, since one of the first things you’ll need to do is find a doctor to treat you. ZocDoc allows you to search for local specialist doctors who are approved by your insurance company.
My Medical Info is an app that stores all your relevant health history and insurance details.
Fooducate helps you keep track of your diet and make healthy choices. Eating well is an integral part of managing any chronic illness and this app will help you to eat the right foods and get you to a healthy body weight.
Sleep Cycle helps you get the best out of your sleep. The app analyzes how much sleep and the quality of sleep you get each night.
YOUNG ONSET PARKINSON’S DISEASE
(YOPD) SUPPORT GROUP
The YOPD support group will meet on the third Saturday of the month at
on the following dates.
1/20, 2/17, 3/17, 4/21, 6/16, 8/18, 10/20
For odd numbered months after April
For the following dates
5/28, 7/23, 9/24 11/26